Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Clotilde Dusoulier's "Chocolate and Zucchini"
- 1 tablespoon butter (for the molds)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter madeleine molds.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Whisk oil, buttermilk, and cheese and add to medium bowl.
- Sift flour mixture into egg mixture (don't overmix).
- Fold pear and walnuts into mixture.
- Fill molds 2/3rds of the way with mixture.
- Bake until puffy and golden (12 to 16 minutes).
- Cool in rack.
- Serve warm.