Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious. Accompany with salad, crusty bread and chianti, you have a meal fit for company and quickly prepared. Just typing this recipe makes me want this tasty dish.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped as finely as possilble
- 10 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 orange, finely zested
- 1 lemon, finely zested
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- pasta (angel hair or spaghetti)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a saute pan, over medium-high heat, add 4 T.
- of the olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add walnuts, garlic and shallots.
- Saute for approximately 10 minutes or until garlic and shallots are a light gold color.
- Add parsley, zest, pepper and remaining oil.
- Saute 2 more minutes Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain quickly but do NOT shake out excess water, return wet pasta to saute pan, to toss thoroughly.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with parmesan cheese and a sprig of parsley.
Great recipe. I used 4 shallots, and added a bit of the juice of the orange when I added the parsley. Very delicious and simple to make. Thank you axxo for a wonderful recipe!