Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great dressing to serve over greens, chicken salad, even fruit! Adapted from That's My Home.
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 t. dried)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place walnuts, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, dill, pepper, salt and orange juice in a blender container. Process until smooth.
- With blender running, slowly pour the oil through hole in lid. Process until emulsified. Serve over salad. Enjoy!
This is one of our favorite dressing! I had something similar at a 5 star restaurant and found this to recreate it. I mix it all in the blender and change nothing. Serve over mixed greens with dried cranberries, extra walnuts and feta cheese. Really is amazing!
I loved this! I only used 1/2 cup of olive oil and i added the toasted walnuts at the very last minute so that they stayed in bug chunks. It was a bit too garlicky for my preference so I will only use 1 clove next time. Or maybe roast the garlic next time to take the bite out. It's one of my new favorites!
I'm sorry, this didn't work out for me. For whatever reason it tasted much too oily and I could
barely detect an orange flavor. For us, the proportions were off. Very sorry!