Recipe by gailanng
So much cheaper than store bought. A delicately flavored oil usually used to infuse flavor on already cooked food. There are quite a few recipes on Zaar using Walnut Oil.
Top Review by Debbwl
OK you have me sold! This was easy, the walnuts smelled wonderful while they were toasting, and here comes the best part of all the walnut oil gives a great new demotions to what ever you use it in. The only recommendations I would make is to make the walnut oil at least a day a head, the first day it was good how ever the dressing I made on the second day with what was left over from day one was really great. If you like using flavored oils, giving them as gifts, or would like to try giving new depths to your recipe this recipe is a must try. I will be using this a lot. Thanks for the post.
- 3⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop walnuts into boiling water in small saucepan; boil 3 minutes; drain.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake 15 - 25 minutes or until golden brown; stirring once.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Place warm nuts in a plastic bag and crush with mallet or rolling pin.
- In large jar, combine nuts with oil.
- When ready to use, strain walnuts from oil.