Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These bars look really fancy when they're made.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract or 1 teaspoon creme de menthe
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a medium saucepan,melt 1/2 cup margarine.
- Stir in crumbs,walnuts,sugar and cocoa.
- Press firmly on bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- In a small mixing bowl,beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons margarine and cornstarch until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk,then egg,then peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Pour evenly over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set.
- For the drizzle-melt the chocolate chips with 1 1/2 teaspoon shortening,stirring well.
- Drizzle the chocolate all over the bars -- make it pretty!
- Store covered in refrigerator.