Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Wonderful and easy to make fudge without the use of a a candy thermometer. (Note it is important to use a timer, and set timer just when mixture comes to a full boil).
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 40 walnut halves (optional)
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix evaporated milk, marshmallow cream, butter, sugar and salt, stirring constantly, bring to a full boil; boil 5 minutes (this must be timed, starting at a full boil)
- Remove from heat, add in chocolate chips and vanilla, stir hard until blended
- Stir in chopped walnuts
- Spread mixture in a buttered 8-inch square pan
- Chill until firm
- Cut in small squares If desired, top each square with a walnut half.
Our family recipe is almost the same. The only difference is we double the amount of chocolate to 2-6oz packages (2 cups) and the marshmallow creme is a 7oz jar. It has been used during the holidays for over 40 years and still brings smiles.
Very easy way to make this fudge. I love the combination of ingredients. Turned out perfect. I cooked the fudge on medium heat followed your directions. I used ground pecans because thats all I had on hand. Will be making this delicous fudge again over the holidays. Thanks Kitten for sharing this recipe.