Recipe by mollypaul
An honey wine recipe utilizing walnut leaves. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Three month standing time not included in preparation time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil honey and water together for 45 minutes.
- Pour, boiling hot, over walnut leaves and let stand overnight.
- Remove leaves and add yeast.
- Cover with an oversized lid and let stand for two or three days.
- Cover tightly and let stand for three months.