Recipe by Chabear01
This is taken from "The Ultimate Ice Cream Book" I don't use the cone shaped molds for this instead using four bowls of equal size and shape, since trying to shape these into regular cones is harder than it should be, but if you have the time and want to try it use the Cone shaped molds and make as in any of my other cone recipes.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped (I chop mine in food processor until almost a paste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the egg until it is thickened and pale yellow. Beat in the butter, vanilla, and milk. Gently stir in the flour.
- Grease a large nonstick cookie sheet and spread 1 1/2 tbls of the batter into a 6 inch circle using a thin, flexible spatula. Dipping the spatula in water first makes this job easier. The batter will spread about 1/2 inch while baking, so keep the circles about 1 inch apart. Fit as many as you can on 1 cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the coolie sheet from the oven and use a large metal spatula to remove 1 cookie from the sheet. Place cookie gently over inverted bowl. The cookies will fall around the sides of the bowl. Repeat with remaining cookies. The cookies will harden as they cool, so work as quickly as possible. When cool enough to handle, carefully remove the cone bowls form the bowl, repeat process with the remaining batter.