Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
These delicious treats take only a few ingredients to make. They look elegant and taste great. The dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for a few days. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups walnuts, ground
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In large mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating until a ball forms.
- Divide dough into four portions.
- Roll each portion into a 12-inch circle.
- Melt the remaining butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, 3/4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and melted butter.
- Spread over each circle.
- Cut each into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges, starting from the wide ends.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Curve ends to form crescents.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Place remaining sugar in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add warm cookies, a few at a time, and gently shake to coat.