Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
My grandmother sent me a big box of recipes! & with 3 munchkins running around, I figured I'd better SAve them all here for safe keeping.This one sounds really good!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree with the rack in the center.Spread Walnut halves in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.Toast in oven until fragrant, tossing occasionally, 5-7 minutes.Transfer nuts to a plate, let cool.Pulse nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.About 10 times.Set aside.
- 2. Butter & flour an 8 & 1/2 inch spring form pan;set aside.In a large bowl, combine honey and applesauce; whisk until honey is mostly dissolved. Add eggs and whisk until fully combined.
- 3. Into a Medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and ginger.Stir into honey mixture.Using a rubber spatula, fold in walnuts.
- 4. Pour batter into prepared pan.Bake cake until golden brown on top and a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 5. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool until sides of cake begin to pull from pan, about 15 minutes.Remove cake from pan, and place on a serving plate.While cake is still warm, use an offset spatula to gently spread remaining honey on top as a think glaze.Serve Warm.