Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed
- In a shallow dish, combine walnuts, bread crumbs, basil, rosemary, flour and salt.
- In second shallow dish, lightly beat egg.
- Roll chicken in egg, then in walnut mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° until crust is browned.
I used about a pound and a half of boneless, skinless chicken breast. I used about a pinch less basil than the recipe calls for because I LOVE rosemary. I cooked it for 40 minutes and it came out perfectly! The chicken coating had a very good texture, and the chicken was juicy! Thanks for the recipe!
I made this with boneless skin-on chicken breasts, cut up into serving pieces. The chicken came out lovely, tender and moist. In addition, the recipe was very easy to put together. Next time, however, I'll use thighs, because I'd like to taste the chicken more. I'll also decrease the basil and rosemary by about 1/3. I had almost decided to give 4 stars, but say that I felt it deserved 4 1/2. As I now see that the recipe doesn't call for breasts, but just says chicken pieces, I will make it 5 stars. Will definitely have this again when pressed for time. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.