Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine or 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked ham slices, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add walnuts, saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ham; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
I love this recipe. I left out the walnuts as hubby doesn't like them but this is still an excellent dish and a wonderful new way to use up holiday ham. Thanks for a great recipe that we'll be using over and over again!
This was delightful. I was working with fairly bare cupboards, but needed to throw something together for dinner. I didn't have walnuts so I used pumpkin seeds instead. They added great texture to the dish. I also added garlic salt on top of the garlic. It was still just a tiny bit on the bland side for our taste. But all in all it was an enjoyable dish.