Recipe by Mini Ravindran
I love to prepare this for weekend lunch !
Top Review by Anu
This recipe seemed to be missing something. The amount of oil was too much, and it made the rice rather sticky and greasy. A tastier, and possibly healthier substitution would be to use about 1 to 2 tsp butter instead of the 1 1/2 tbsp oil for the saute. You could also garnish with chopped corriander (cilantro) leaves for a little more flavour.
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice (leftovers will do)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 8 dried garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in an open heavy base non sticking skillet or pan.
- Add bay leaves, onions, garlic and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add walnuts, salt, black pepper powder and saute for a minute or so.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and stir well.
- Add rice and toss gently to get an even coating.
- Serve warm!