Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is a great fudge for Christmas gifts or to have for a party. Fairly east to make and delicious to eat. You coauld easily add cranberries, cannied orange pieces or use any kind of nuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar (fine granuals)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- line a (8 or 10 in) square baking pan with foil.
- Combine sugar, milk, salt and butter in pan and bring to a boil over med. heat for 4 minutes and remove from heat. Make sure not to let it burn by stirring constantly. Do not leave it!
- Once boiling, stir nuts, marshmallows and vanilla. Stir until marshmallows are melted and pour into pan. Refridgerate until firm (a couple hours.
- Once cool, lift the whole thing out by pulling up on the foil. Cut into pieces.
GREAT FUDGE! Made this, along with several other chocolate candy recipes, to serve to a bunch of chocoholics, & all wanted copies of the recipes, so that tell you how much it was enjoyed! I found, when cooking this, that medium low heat was plenty high enough! Always love the blending of marshmallows & chocolate ~ A real treat! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]