Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These freeze well; defrost individually for a quick, easy, hearty breakfast.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a muffin tin with paper cups. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl combine milk, molasses, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients, mixing just until moist. Fold in the walnuts and dates.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups evenly. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-23 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in the pan, remove from pan to cool completely.