Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a paleo blog (Stir It Up). I'm not sure what makes something paleo but I think the chocolate chips would disqualify it. I'm trying to give up refined grains and sugar, so I thought I'd try this. The second time I made these, I used 1 T cinnamon ( I love cinnamon - feel free to use less), no vanilla, and 2/3 cup raisins. Also very good and better for you than chocolate chunks.
- 12 dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips
- Grind dates and walnuts into a powder in a food processor.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place 12 equal spoonfuls on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 9-11 minutes until golden but still soft in the center.