Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use very ripe bananas
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 175 g softened butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100 g stoned dates
- 50 g walnut pieces
- preheat oven to 160°C Line a 2 lb loaf tin with baking paper ang then grease.
- Tip the flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs, mashed bananas , chopped dates and 2 tbsp of honey in a processor. beat the mixture for 2 - 3 minutes, until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared tin and level the top. Scatter the walnut pieces over the top.
- bake 1 hour until it feels firm when pressed gently. if not bake a further 10 minutes.
- cool for 15 minutes then lift out of pan. Drizzle the honey on top.
- when cold cut into thick slices.