Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
Salmon is my favorite fish! This is a wonderful appetizer to serve at a dinner party or just to impress someone special.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped california walnut
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, seasoned breadcrumbs (available in Asian markets) or 3⁄4 cup regular seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
apricot ginger dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped california walnuts
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, white and pale green part
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together jam and vinegar; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, bread crumbs and cilantro. Process a few turns until blended but still a coarse texture.
- Brush salmon pieces with the jam mixture. Coat evenly with the walnut bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Serve with Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce.
- DIRECTIONS FOR SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve with crispy salmon bites.
I made these for dinner using 8 oz. pieces of fresh salmon and it was superb. The salmon was tender and cooked to our liking and the flavor of the salmon dipped in the sauce was to die for! It will be made again soon, as once I find a recipe I like, I make it often, and we loved this one! 2 Thumbs up on this one all the way around the table!