1/4 Photos of Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts add richness to this light breading. The coating keeps the chicken moist. A seasonal green salad goes well with this. Recipe is from Martha Stewart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Process until fine bread crumbs form.
- 4Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- 5In another shallow bowl, beat egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 6Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 7Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 8In large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 9Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1-3 minutes.
- 10Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven.
- 11Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
- 12Serve chicken with lemon slices and a salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 315.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 41.2 g