Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids
- 2 slices dried whole wheat bread
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F In a food processor combine bread, walnuts and parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1-3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
Made this with chicken legs. I skipped the step of frying 1st, and only baked them in the oven. Wonderful!! Moist and delish!! I didn't even need a dipping sauce. A keeper!! Thanks for posting.