Recipe by Fisher Nuts
“I always like to serve something elegant and simple like this for the holidays. Steak is such a crowd pleaser and with the souped-up version topped with a tasty walnut crust, it’s a holiday winner…” –Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1 cup Fisher® Walnut Halves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 beef, tenderloin* trimmed, about 4 lbs. (You can also substitute beef round top or roast beef for the tenderloin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine nuts, bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic, zest, rosemary and salt in a medium bowl. Place tenderloin onto a roasting pan. Tuck under small end to allow for more even cooking. Press topping firmly onto top and sides of tenderloin. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F on a meat thermometer for medium. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.