This pie is scrumptious, and makes a nice change from regular pumpkin pie! I originally found this in TOH's Holiday Celebrations Cookbook. Make sure you use a deep dish pastry shell; it's just the right size to hold the filling. This is also superb when left as a regular pumpkin pie, omitting the topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- 3Mix until thoroughly combined, and pour into pastry shell.
- 4Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 5Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- 6Mix topping ingredients, and sprinkle over pie.
- 7Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 8Broil 3-4" from the heat for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9Remove foil.
- 10Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut-Crunch Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.3
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g