This is from the coupon section in the Sunday morning paper.
Make and share this Walnut Crumb Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter until creamy (hand or stand mixer).
- Mix in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly.
- With floured fingers, press 2 cups of the crumb mixture in bottom of a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Reserve remaining mixture.
- Melt 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and condensed sweetened milk over medium heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread mixture over hot crust.
- Stir walnuts and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over chocolate filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 24-36 bars depending on desired size.
- Store at room temperature.