Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the coupon section in the Sunday morning paper.
- 1 cup soften butter
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter until creamy (hand or stand mixer).
- Mix in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly.
- With floured fingers, press 2 cups of the crumb mixture in bottom of a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Reserve remaining mixture.
- Melt 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and condensed sweetened milk over medium heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread mixture over hot crust.
- Stir walnuts and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over chocolate filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 24-36 bars depending on desired size.
- Store at room temperature.
YUM!! I got some almonds from a friend at work and they wanted me to make something with them...this was the first recipe i pulled up, so i went with it. Turned out amazing! only complaint, and i wouldnt even call it that, is that the crumb layer at the bottom comes apart very easily when cutting up and eating it...but who cares really...it's so tastey!
Do you want to make your children (and yourself) happy? Very easy...just prepare these ones!
Done for ZWT7
I'm right in there with others who've made this recipe ~ These bars are OUTSTANDING, & I particularly appreciated how easy they are to make! A great chocolate & crumb combo, for sure! Two-thirds of them went to a meeting my other half attends, but the rest were right here in the kitchen for us to devour here at home! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]