Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This is from the coupon section in the Sunday morning paper.
Top Review by tee-go
YUM!! I got some almonds from a friend at work and they wanted me to make something with them...this was the first recipe i pulled up, so i went with it. Turned out amazing! only complaint, and i wouldnt even call it that, is that the crumb layer at the bottom comes apart very easily when cutting up and eating it...but who cares really...it's so tastey!
- 1 cup soften butter
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter until creamy (hand or stand mixer).
- Mix in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly.
- With floured fingers, press 2 cups of the crumb mixture in bottom of a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Reserve remaining mixture.
- Melt 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and condensed sweetened milk over medium heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread mixture over hot crust.
- Stir walnuts and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over chocolate filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 24-36 bars depending on desired size.
- Store at room temperature.