Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Unroll crescent rolls, and separate each can into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations together to seal well.
- If they are not sealed well, the"goop" will come out.
- Brush evenly with 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Stir together the walnuts and next three ingredients; sprinkle 1 tablespoon mixture on each rectangle, pressing in gently so that you don't lose the filling as you roll.
- Roll up, starting at a long side, and twist.
- Cut 6 shallow-1/2 inch long-diagonal slits into each roll.
- Shape into rings, pressing ends together.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush rings with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- I had some butter left over so don't be concerned.
- Bake 375° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth to form a drizzling consistency.
- You may add food coloring to icing to go with a holiday theme.
- Drizzle over warm twists.