1/7 Photos of Walnut Crescents
1 hr 25 mins
These flaky little crescents were passed on to me from my grandmother. Flour can vary add more or less depending on moisture in the air. Powdered Sugar is used for rolling. The amount can vary because you can roll as big (producing less in amount)or little (produced many little tasty treats)circles as you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Crisco (I used 1/2 very cold sweet butter and 1/2 Crisco)
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1/2 pint sour cream or 1/2 pint yogurt
- 1 lb ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Sift dry ingredients.
- 2Blend in Crisco or butter/Crisco mixture.
- 3Dissolve yeast in a little lukewarm water, add to flour mixture.
- 4lightly beat eggs.
- 5Add eggs and sour cream.
- 6Blend well and refrigerate over night. Dough will be moist and airy.
- 7Filling-Blend all ingredients together.
- 8To form---Take small (softball size is what I used) pieces of dough and roll out in powdered sugar (using as much sugar as needed about 1/2-1 pound) into a circle.
- 9Cut into 8 pie slices.
- 10Put filling on thick side and roll from large end to point.
- 11You can top the filling with some mini cips if desired.
- 12Place on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture adding crushed nuts if desired.
- 13Bake at 375 Degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 15.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g