Recipe by Tonkcats
GRANDMA DUNKIN'S WALNUT CREME PIE (In Memory Of Lucy Dunkin). It is also lovely topped with meringue.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut meat
- 1 pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line pie pan with prepared pie crust, prick bottom evenly with a fork to prevent bubbling up and bake for 20- 25 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure it's browning evenly.
- Filling: Whisk sugar, flour, and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Add egg yolks and walnuts.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking regularly, 8- 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Pour into baked pie shell.