Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The tanginess of the cranberries provides a nice contrast to the sweetness of this nut tart. Frozen cranberries can be used in place of the fresh cranberries. Do not thaw them; simply coarsely chop them and proceed with the recipe. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare this tart in advance; cover it loosely and store it at room temperature for up to a day.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 450. Place pie crust in 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9 inch pie pan as direct on package for one-crust filed pie. Trim edges; do not prick crust.
- Bake at 450 for 5-7 minutes or just until crust begins to brown. Remove crust from oven. If crust puffs in center, flatten gently with back of wooden spoon. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, corn syrup and whiskey; beat until well blended. Stir in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into partially baked crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is soft set. Lightly cover edges during last 10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning. Cool 30 minutes. Serve slightly warm or cool. Serve with whipped cream.