Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Dr. Atkins' Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. I'm posting so I have it on file.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage, celery and walnuts. Mix well.
Very nice. I did add a very small amount of Splenda basically because I always have added a touch of sweet to Slaw salads. The nuts I chopped quite small and it all came together really well. :D
Made pretty much as given, although I did use honey Dijon mustard, & the 2 of us thought it a very satisfying slaw! Another time I might change the nuts, but that's not a biggie! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
Yum! I really enjoyed this slaw! I did add about a tsp. of sugar(personal preference). Loved all the ingredients! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag.