Recipe by NoraMarie
I have had this for about 30 years. Have no idea where it came from.
Top Review by Annacia
I trimmed the fat in this yummy recipe by using Recipe #55564 (without the sugar it asks for), 1/4 cup of egg white and no sat fat/trans fat margarine. I also used 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and there are still LOTS of nuts. Oh yes, and I used perhaps 2 Tbsp of Splenda Brown Sugar blend in place of the 1/2 cup wanted. The result is marvelous! There isn't too much sweetness, the dried fruit supplies plenty of it and it baked up (at 15 mins!) to a rich golden brown and was baked all the way through. Even though I skipped the frosting for sugar reasons I truly don't think that it's needed. This is very easy to make and scrumptious, give it a try! Made for Photo Tag.
- 591.47 ml Bisquick
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.78 ml butter, soft
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped or 118.29 ml nuts
- 177.44 ml dried mixed fruit
- frosting, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Bisquick, milk, egg to make dough. Knead lightly on floured board.
- Roll to 9x12 rectangle.
- Mix butter, cinnamon, sugar and spread over dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts and fruit.
- Gently roll as a jelly roll.
- Cut into 8 pieces and overlap on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drizzle frosting while warm.