Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
Hey I know you think by now I am insane about candy, well shoot you are so very right. I have this cookbook written by Beverly Sutherland Smith just chocked full of wonderfully delicious candy and petits four recipes that I use often when making gift baskets for my friends and family. As ususal with most candies this requires time to chill and harden.
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 40 walnut halves
- In a small saucepan, cood cream and corn syrup over low heat until corn syrup dissolves. Remove from heat; add coffee. Mix thoroughly; cool. Stir in sugar; mixture should form soft peaks. If not, add some more sugar. Chill covered 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl or top of a double boiler set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls on waxed paper and flatten to form small chocolate buttons. Let set.
- Spoon filling into a small pastry bag fitted with a fluted nozzel. Pipe a rosette around edge of each chocolate button. Leave indentation in center. Place a walnut piece in cavity. Chill 30 minutes or until firm. Remove paper.
- Refrigerate in a covered container with waxed paper between layers up to 2 weeks.