Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
TOH Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
- 2⁄3 cup warm milk (70 to 80)
- 1⁄3 cup water (70 to 80)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the walnuts.