Recipe by PanNan
An old Cooking Light recipe. This combination of spices is wonderful. I don't recommend substituting pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices - it's not the same. Note to World Tour participants - I believe the ingredients are typical for the Western U.S. where walnuts are grown.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and the next 7 ingredients (flour through cloves) in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine sugar and the next 5 ingredients (sugar through pumpkin) in a bowl, and stir well with a whisk until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 2 (8 X 4 inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaves in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Cut each loaf into 12 slices.