Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the show "Sugar" on the Food Network Canada. The longer you bake these brownies the "cakier" they are. Mine were very moist and fudgy, perfect! I added pecans instead of walnuts. They actually taste a lot better the day after especially if you warm them up for a few seconds in the microwave--this makes them more moist.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease an 8x11 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter (over stove or in microwave) and pour into a large bowl.
- Mix cocoa into butter and stir.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs to mixture, blending well after each egg.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add to cocoa mixture and blend.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes, until firm when touched.