Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has gone around the block (a number of times!!) A good friend's son took this recipe to college...makes this up and barely has it out of the oven before it's gone!!! Since none of his buddies cook, they beg him for this one. I have made lots of banana breads...but I always seem to come back to this one. It can be made in one big loaf or in 3 smaller loaf pans. Freezes beautifully.
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine bananas, sugar, beaten eggs and vegetable oil in one bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, mixing until just incorporated.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour. Test in the middle with a toothpick.
- I tend to freeze my loafs. I cut off a slice for lunches or for quick snack (if they can last that long!).
AWESOME! I just rated another banana bread recipe and this is by FAR better. I used 2 cups of olive oil and Ghiradelli chocolate chips. The chocolate chips really add something special to the bread, giving it depth that makes regular banana bread boring. I can see how this would be a great gift for kids at college. I've made twice the batch so I can give it out as gifts for my neighbors tomorrow. I tried it first and it's definitely worthy. Thank you so much for posting this!