1/1 Photo of Walnut Chicken With Dijon Cream Sauce
This is a Betty Crocker recipe. There is a little prep work involved so start a good hour or so before you plan to eat. It's well worth the wait. I think any kind of a sauce would be good with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml progresso panko crispy breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml finely chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml sesame, seed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- 2In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder.
- 3In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, flour, walnuts, sesame seed, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 4Brush both sides of chicken with garlic butter; coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 5In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of the butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add 3 chicken breasts; cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon each butter and oil and remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- 6Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients with whisk until blended. Heat to simmering; cook 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Serve chicken with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Chicken With Dijon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.4
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.3 mg
- Sodium 861.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.5 g