Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Betty Crocker recipe. There is a little prep work involved so start a good hour or so before you plan to eat. It's well worth the wait. I think any kind of a sauce would be good with this.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml progresso panko crispy breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml finely chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml sesame, seed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder.
- In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, flour, walnuts, sesame seed, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Brush both sides of chicken with garlic butter; coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of the butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add 3 chicken breasts; cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon each butter and oil and remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients with whisk until blended. Heat to simmering; cook 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Serve chicken with sauce.