- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup walnut halves
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken cubes into a plastic resealable bag and add 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon oil, soy sauce, bouillon granules, ginger and chili powder; seal bag and turn to coat chicken.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a large wok or nonstick skillet add remaining oil and cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli for 8 minutes; then add red pepper and onion and stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 1 cup water, stir until smooth and add to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve over rice if desired, enjoy!