Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good on croissants or rolls, or just on a bed of greens.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken through relish; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour creamy dressing mixture into chicken salad mixture and mix everything together well.
- Serve on lettuce or croissants/rolls.
Really liked this chicken salad. I did leave out the celery, egg, sugar and dill pickle - just not things that I like. I did toast the walnuts, which really brought out the taste. I also used shredded chicken I made in the crock pot as per flygirlprincess. So easy and yummy!! Highly recommend!
I left out the eggs and sugar too, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. LOVED it!!! Used with shredded chicken I made in a crock pot and it was extremely simple with fantastic creamy texture.
We loved the taste and texture of this recipe! I left out the hard-boiled eggs (personal preference) and realized my pickle relish was sweet not dill--so left out the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. We ate this on a bed of baby romaine with sliced tomatoes on the side. This is an excellent dish that my husband said reminded him of the way his grandmother used to make chicken salad. It was very creamy and flavorful. Thanks, Parsley!