Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Boneless chicken breasts rolled around a filling of fresh spinach leaves, garlic-herb cheese, roasted red peppers and chopped walnuts. Bake, chill, slice and serve cold for an easy, gourmet appetizer. Recipe compliments of Aloutte. Posted by request. Can be served hot as a main course.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pound chicken to about 1/4-inch thickness with flat side of meat mallet or chef's knife.
- Cover each chicken piece with spinach leaves.
- Spread each with Alouette.
- Top with pepper slices and walnuts.
- Carefully roll up each breast and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Chill, remove toothpicks, then slice into 1/2-inch rounds and serve cold.
Would cook it a little less-the chicken was dry
These pinwheels were so delicious! Good thing I did not know how delicious or they would have been devoured before the chilled stage. I prepared these exactly as the recipe instructed. I did learn as I proceeded, that they roll better by slicing the pepper into thin strips and laying the strips vertically across the chicken breast. Also, it is possible to put too much "filling" onto each chicken breast and this will make it difficult to roll. However, in spite of my learning as I went, they turned out wonderfully. I think they would be great as make ahead hors d'oeuvres for a party or any event where you serve finger food! Prepared in participation with Recipe Tag! Lorac, thanks for a winner!