Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A delicious blend of tender dark meat chicken with sauteed walnuts, chickpeas & butter beans with a splash of tangy A1 Sauce.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion (small dice)
- 1 orange bell pepper (medium dice)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (medium dice)
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to a large non-stick saute pan heated to medium high. Add onions, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add both bell peppers and saute for an additional 7 minutes, keeping some of the crunch.
- Add chicken, spices and A1 Original Sauce, saute for 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and butter beans, cook for additional 4-6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup spinach and saute, carefully stirring until the spinach is cooked down.
- Place the contents of the pan into a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup spinach leaves on top, break up the goat cheese with your fingers and top the dish with it, splash with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.