A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A delicious blend of tender dark meat chicken with sauteed walnuts, chickpeas & butter beans with a splash of tangy A1 Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion (small dice)
- 1 orange bell pepper (medium dice)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (medium dice)
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to a large non-stick saute pan heated to medium high. Add onions, saute for 3 minutes.
- 2Add both bell peppers and saute for an additional 7 minutes, keeping some of the crunch.
- 3Add chicken, spices and A1 Original Sauce, saute for 4 minutes.
- 4Add chickpeas and butter beans, cook for additional 4-6 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup spinach and saute, carefully stirring until the spinach is cooked down.
- 6Place the contents of the pan into a large serving bowl.
- 7Sprinkle the 1/4 cup spinach leaves on top, break up the goat cheese with your fingers and top the dish with it, splash with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Chicken Bowl #A1
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 1252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken thighs
A.1. Original Sauce