Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is a traditional persian dish according to cooking light. my family loved this!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- heat oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side, remove.
- add onions and garlic to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- add walnuts, cook for 1 minute.
- add flour, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, stirring.
- add broth, stir to mix well.
- return chicken to pan, cover, simmer 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
- stir in parsley, salt, pepper, vinegar.
- serve over rice.
This chicken is from heaven! Didn't change a thing - served it with rice, leeks & steamed carrots. The sauce on the rice is wonderful. The aroma while it is cooking wakes up all your senses. We loved it Thanks chia for a winner
We veganized this by using veggie "chick'n" strips and vegetable broth with a shot of Braggs. It was lovely, although we were surprised by how cinnamon-y it ended up! Thanks, great recipe. :)
We absolutely loved this. The rice and sauce is perfect as is. Next time I'd saute the chicken until done and skip the simmering. I think it would improve the texture and moisture of the breasts. Thanks, chia.