Recipe by chia
this is a traditional persian dish according to cooking light. my family loved this!
Top Review by sugarpea
We absolutely loved this. The rice and sauce is perfect as is. Next time I'd saute the chicken until done and skip the simmering. I think it would improve the texture and moisture of the breasts. Thanks, chia.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side, remove.
- add onions and garlic to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- add walnuts, cook for 1 minute.
- add flour, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, stirring.
- add broth, stir to mix well.
- return chicken to pan, cover, simmer 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
- stir in parsley, salt, pepper, vinegar.
- serve over rice.