Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just "adopted" this recipe as of 2-9-06. I have not tried this yet.
- 1 whole chicken breast, deboned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Combine soy sauce, cornstarch and then peanut oil in flat bottom bowl.
- Add ginger.
- Slice partially frozen chicken breast into slices between 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Drop into soy marinade and let sit 1 hour.
- Sauté walnuts in 1 tablespoon oil until golden, watch constantly.
- Takes less than 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan to drain on paper towel.
- Lightly salt nuts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir-fry chicken, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add walnuts and blanched pea pods.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Serve over a bed of rice.