Recipe by xtine
This is an old standby vegetarian recipe from the 70s. It is from "Diet For A Small Planet" by Frances Moore Lappe. It's a nice alternative if you want a meat-free entree, or you can use it as a side dish as well. Very good on a cold fall evening. I use my cuisinart to grind the walnuts.
Top Review by elizabeth n.
I used this recipe since it first came out in the 70's. It is excellent!!! It has healthy ingredients. My 3 children loved it then and now are making it for their children. I didn't stray from the original recipe, no need to. Liz in Noxon Mt.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 cup black walnut, coarsely ground
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked brown rice (1/2 cup uncooked)