Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the Company's Coming book called Baking Simple to Sensational. I am not a big fan of walnuts so I used pecans in my recipe instead. These squares taste like a combination of shortbread and pecan pie! They are excellent and so simple and fast to put together. The book uses a 9x13 pan but I used 7x11 and it worked fine.
- Bottom layer: Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add butter. Stir well. Press evenly in bottom of greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 15 minutes until golden. Let stand for about 5 minutes until slightly cooled.
- Top Layer: Beat eggs and vanilla with fork in medium bowl.
- Add remaining 3 ingredients. Stir. Spoon over warm coconut layer in pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden. Let stand in pan on sire rack until cooled completely.