Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of the California Walnut Commission. If you want to go all out use Candied Walnuts. These are wonderful on the Christmas cookie trays or anytime you just want a delicious cookie!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons coffee beans, ground for espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixer bowl using a paddle attachment, mix all of the ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
- Place dough onto a floured surface.
- Divide evenly into two pieces.
- Roll the dough into two 12 inch logs.
- Place on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet and pat the logs down flat, approximately 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake the logs until they spring back when pressed lightly (start checking at 10 minutes).
- Allow the logs to cool, then using a bread knife, cut into biscotti about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet, flat on their side.
- Bake again, at 350º F, for 8 more minutes. Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Very tasty! I was a little leery of the ground coffee but it is fine enough that you taste it but don't "feel" it on the tongue. I subbed Splenda for the granulated sugar and used the brown sugar. Good with a cup of hot tea!