1/1 Photo of Walnut Candy Brittle
This is an awesome treat and makes great gifts for the holidays. To cut costs just use peanuts for peanut brittle. Just remember to use your thermometer! Calories: 125 fat 5 protein 1 carb 20
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a pan with parchment paper and coat lighty with cooking spray.
- 2Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and butter into sauce pan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook for 20-40 minutes until candy thermometer reaches 275.
- 4Stir in walnuts and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, till thermometer reaches 295.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Color should be a light amber and frothy.
- 6Quickly pour mixture onto prepared pan and spread to desired thickness.
- 7Cool completely for 30-60 minutes and then break with wooden spoon into small pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Candy Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g