Recipe by Nana Lee
Another recipe for walnut cake to try in my search for THE walnut cake I have lost. Done in a bundt pan. Submitted by alcarv on the Kraft Food site.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Blend cake mix dry and instant pudding mix; blend until well mixed.
- Add eggs, water, and butter.
- Mix on low speed, scraping constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently for 2 minutes.
- Do not over beat.
- Add chopped nuts and raisins; mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert on wire rack or heatproof serving plate.
- Remove pan and cool completely.
- Spread with powdered sugar glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.