Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious! Versatile! Use as you like.
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red wine
- Divide the eggs.
- Beat yolks with the sugar until they become thick and almost light lemon in color.
- Add walnuts and flour, wine and rind.
- Beat whites until stiff and fold in the rest of ingredients.
- Put in an Angel Food pan lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 325* 1-hour.
- You can either frost with a mocha chocolate frosting or just dust with confectioners sugar for a light dessert.
- You can do so much with cake.