Recipe by * Pamela *
This recipe is one of my Adoptees. After making it, I felt it needed something to perk it up a bit and Chocolate Fluff Icing Chocolate Fluff Icing was a perfect addition. This cheesecake has a different texture than traditional cream cheese cheesecakes but delicious none the less. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs, processed in blender or food processor (about 25 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 cups light ricotta cheese (30 oz.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (2 oz.)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease sides of 8 or 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine crust ingredients; mix well.
- Press evenly over bottom of pan.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine Ricotta cheese, brown sugar, cocoa, half-and-half, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter over crust. Bake at 350 F 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is just set. Turn off oven; cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes.
- Remove to wire cooling rack; loosen cake from rim of pan with metal spatula.
- Cool completely; chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, sift confectioners sugar over cheesecake immediately before serving, or ice with suggested icing and garnish with chocolate curls and whole walnuts.