1/3 Photos of Walnut Broccoli Stir-Fry
Stir-fries are classic veggie dishes that can be simple or daring – it all depends on you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onions and carrots with oil in a wok or large pot until onion is tender. • Add mushrooms, broccoli and nuts and stir for one or two minutes.
- 2Add the water, cover with a lid, and simmer for a few minutes until broccoli is bright green. Don’t overcook. • Add soy sauce, salt and pepper, and cornstarch dissolved in cold water (to thicken the sauce).
- 3Serve with brown rice or whole-grain noodles.
- 4Variations: Be creative! Experiment with different combinations of fresh veggies, tofu, seeds or nuts. For more flavour, try adding ginger, garlic, or miso.
- 5Source: Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 71.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 830.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g